Department of Clinical Medicine
From basic research to clinical application
Department of Clinical Medicine is Denmark’s largest health science institute conducting research in almost all medical specialities and hosting a number of different research centres.
Most of our staff is employed part-time at the department and part-time as clinical staff at Aarhus University Hospital or one of the four regional hospitals in Central Denmark Region.
The close collaboration between Aarhus University and Aarhus University Hospital ensures fast implementation of research results in clinical practice to the benefit of patients. Department of Clinical Medicine is located at Aarhus University Hospital, which has been awarded Denmark’s best hospital several times.
Read more about our research activities in the menu to the left.
- Formally established in 1972
- 140 full-time professors and associate professors
- 300 clinical and external associate professors
- Approx 30,000 square meters with research facilities
- Approx. 2,100 publications annually
- Approx. 550 cooperation agreements annually
- Research turnover: approx. DKK 600 million (external funding accounts for 60%)